German is one of the ten most spoken languages in the world. Some 185 million people worldwide speak German. You can still study in Germany even if you don’t know German, but some knowledge of the language makes everyday life a lot easier and help you immerse yourself in the country. Apart from that, foreign languages are also increasingly sought after by employers. There are many ways to learn German prior to your stay or while out there. Whether you learn the traditional way by joining a class, or whether you team up with a German language tandem partner or flatmate, learning German can be great fun and hugely beneficial.
Language courses for Ukrainians
- FaDaF: German courses in different regions or cities in Germany.
- Goethe-Institut: Support offers for Ukrainians
- Preparatory programmes
- Integra: Preparatory course, which includes also German course (link expected). Proposed by German universities, please contact participating universities for further information.
- Alumniportal Deutschland: free online language courses, text exercises, newsletter “Verstehen Sie Deutsch”
- BBC: Exercises
- Deutsche Welle: free online course DW Learn German, level: basic, middle
- Lernportal des Deutschen Volkshochschul-Verbands e.V. (DVV): online German course from А1 to В2; self learning course
- Goethe Institute: Online test for self evaluation of your German skills.